Second half of 2022 a heck

I wanted to use this blog more but didn't.

Have been working on my Dungeonpunk game. Overhauled my dice mechanic in a bout of inspiration and an inability to leave well enough alone.

Picked up Battletech thanks to moving closer to one of my oldest friends who is huge into it.

Finally refined the definition of the genre term I've been using for my Dungeonpunk setting. I have very little interaction with WotC's Eberron setting beyond meming about the lolipope but I think it als counts as anachro-fantasy as do most of the later Final Fantasies.

Anachro-fantasy

Anachro-fantasy is a neoglism that describes high fantasy settings where everyday magic is so integrated into everyone's lives, the people basically live like the modern day. It is a setting type where the referee or author selects a technology level for most things between the medieval and Renaissance era, then sprinkles in items from post-WWII. It marries the aesthetics of medieval fantasy with modern story-telling and action-adventure stories. The author or referee of an anachro-fantasy setting never needs to fret about justifying a genre shift or pulling inspiration from a Cyberpunk or Space Opera story. These are settings where the existence of magic changed the development of technology, science, and culture; not stagnated it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Session