Flametongue

I found an infographic I made a while ago that is really simple. It's just me writing in my own shitty handwriting (and I can provide samples if you really want proof that its mine, just ask) where I took the entries from AD&D1E and AD&D2E for the Flametongue sword and placed them next to the 3.5 and 5E versions of the weapon. I skipped 4E since it's different kind of fantasy RPG just branded D&D, but still. When I first posted it on /tg/ it caused a lot of shitflinging and handwringing for about a day. The thread got over 100 posts but fell off the board before it could autosage. The post itself didn't have an explicit moral judgment on which is better, but since this is mostly an OSR blog you can guess where I stand on this... well at least the 3.5 version can shoot a fireblast. That's something more than just degrading a unique weapon name to "sword +1, flames on command"... yeah.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Session