Why I Left BFRPG

Sorry for no posts in 4 days. I will try to not make that a habit. I've been busy drawing smut because that is my day job.

I initially got started in the OSR via Basic Fantasy RPG. A wonderful little game made by a fellow known as Solomoriah. I even did a little art and homebrewing for it. I think I may even have a credit in one or two of the books. It's a great game made by great people. So why did I move to OSE?

The "fans".

I am not one to blame a creator for the actions of their fans, so I don't blame Solo at all for this. I don't even really blame Dragonsfoot where this all started... okay. I'm a weeb. A super weeb, like been watching anime since the mid 80s. So I wanted to make a fantasy japan setting for BFRPG, and as soon as I started posting about it I was getting harassed by people. Some names I don't recall, and some that I do. Not that it matters since I'm not the type to even use euphemisms.

OSR really didn't have a name at the time, so FOE hadn't become a meme yet, but I was faced with DMs and Skype messages of the most entitled and hate-fueled screeching. I tried to power through it but eventually working on my setting stopped being fun so I walked away from the game. I'll probably play it again if I get the chance, but I just can't bring myself to create for it again.

And why you ask? Why did someone threaten to rape my wife to death? Yes someone actually did that. It was the last straw that made me walk away. 
Because I had the audacity to make my own setting based on my understanding of Japanese tropes instead of doing a 1:1 remake of AD&D1E's Oriental Adventures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Session