I made a wargame in a day

 I was out shopping the other day and I ended up in the toy isle because even though I'm old I'm still a kid at heart and I still like overpriced piece of plastic. While looking at what the big corpos are selling to kids I noticed the bags of green army men and generic looking toy robots and dinosaur-lies are still a thing and it got my game dev brain percolating.

So I created a war game in like 18 hours of work total. I do not know how balanced it is since my wife doesn't play tabletop, but yeah. A wargame in like a day. I've done some mathhammer but I will not know until its tested but still.

The narrative conceit is that its a unit of mid 20th century soldiers going up against a monster; an idea I like a lot but never get to see enough on the tabletop. Adroit readers will see a lot of WH40k 4E in the game, but that is only because its the only wargame I've played a lot of.

The stats for a civilian are there for context/homebrewing your own ideas/whatever. I added them in on a whim and enver thought twice about it until now.

I call it Dollar Store Wars since most dollar trees will have everything you need, even sometimes the dice.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eaw7uy4kct7fr5d/Dollar_Store_Wars.pdf/file

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Session